Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blogging Re-Visited

About a little over a year ago, I attempted to keep up a steady blog to chronicle my European adventures while studying abroad in Sevilla, Spain. I had this elaborate idea in my mind that my blog would be the bank in which I would deposit all my memories and horrors of living abroad. But I barely made it to the second month of the trip and decided that my time was better spent at the bars in Sevilla and speaking Spanish than writing on a silly blog in English.

But things have changed. Writing has become a secret hobby for me. I carry my black, weathered moleskin journal at all times now, ready to write down a great quote or song lyric or spill about my frustration over what I am going to do after graduation. Even though my writing activities have increased and my writing style is starting to develop, the majority of my thoughts are not making it to paper, or to Microsoft Word.

So this blog is an experiment. I really I am not concerned with followers, although I would love it if people read my posts. What I am trying to say is that is not my main objective. My purpose is to document my thoughts, my crazy, analytical, circular, convoluted thoughts that have lately been clouding my brain.

They need to get out some how, so why not blog about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment